If you are having a plumbing installation such as a new boiler or bathroom fitted by Bristol Plumber Now plumbers, we will advise on the most economic materials to use. Often it comes down t a choice of most of the installation being run in copper or plastic. Bristol Plumbers are aware that copper theft is now becoming extremely common in the Bristol & Somerset area. People are breaking into houses solely to pinch the copper pipe. This results in some nasty leaks and damage to the house. Our plumbers in Bristol now recommend to all our customers to use plastic pipe wherever possible. And some of our landlords are even putting notices on the boilers in their rental properties advising that the property is fitted out with plastic pipe not copper.
All Bristol plumbers who install or alter or service any gas appliance must carry a “Gas Safe” I.D. card. It has their Gas Safe number and a photo on. To make sure you can always ring Gas Safe register and check their name is actually registered. To see what a Gas Safe card looks like (and incidentally its Gas Safe Owner) watch this youTube video clip: http://youtu.be/12B0ZqKDcWs
Bristol Plumber Now has several roving Emergency Plumbers in Bristol. Leaking pipes are the most common reason for our plumbers to be called out. Usually the problem is wear and tear of components, a catastrophe such as a nail through a pipe event and sometimes its actually the customers’ fault.
Our plumber came across just such an occurrence last thursday when we were called to a flooded out basement flat. The owner of the flat had tried to install a washing machine cold water feed. Unfortunately they were not fully trained in using plastic barrier pipes, they had joined a standard copper 15mm pipe to a 2m length of plastic barrier pipe but had failed to tighten the collar on the plastic to copper joint. Result 3-days later a flooded out basement.
Happily our plumber was a local plumber and got to the problem quickly. He also did a [...]
One of the most common problems was burst pipes followed by failure of combi-condensing boilers [...]