What is a boiler Service?
We are often asked “what is a boiler service” by our customers. So here is a brief summary of what our Gas Safe Boiler Service Engineer will do.
When one of our Gas Safe (Corgi Registered) heating engineers attends your home or premises they perform a detailed list of checks to make sure your boiler is Safe, Economic and functioning correctly.
Our Gas Safe central heating engineers have many years experience and will service your boiler to standards set by the Gas Safe organisation and presecribed by the manufacturer of your boiler.
Some of the basic checks are outlined here:
Default boiler servicing procedure
- Visual inspection of the boiler
- Check if there are any known problems with the system
- Check that the boiler has been installed in a suitable position
- See if the boiler has been damaged in any way
- Inspect the controls and the boiler safety devices
- Check that the boiler flame burn is correct
- Inspect electric wiring installation is correct and to regulations
- Inspect gas supply pipework is correct installation
- Ensure the boiler has correct ventilation